Be part of an ancient ritual in Xel-Há.
The Temaxcal is a steam bath inside a dark cavern that symbolizes the womb of mother Earth, an ancient place of connection between gods and men. In here, a spiritual journey unites with a pleasant approach to the basic elements of our planet: water, fire, earth and air.
Feel how the aromatic vapors detached from the herbs and red-hot stones surround your body to purify your soul. It ends with a refreshing dip in the crystal waters of a cenote that allows you to balance your body temperature.
- Reception and ceremony.
- Ceremony inside Temaxcal.
- Relaxation and farewell.
- Individual towel (exclusive use during activity).
- Schedule: Monday to Saturday at 2:30 p.m
- Duration: 1 hour (5 min welcome, 10 min ceremony, 25 min inside Temaxcal and 15 min relaxation and farewell).
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- The use of t-shirt and jewelry is not permitted.
- Inside the Temaxcal only swimsuits are allowed.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- This activity is restricted to people who suffer from asthma, vertigo, back or knee problems, heart problems or pregnant women.
- Photos and videos have an additional cost.